Friday, September 10, 2010

Angels


On the day of my flight, I slept at around 4am when my schedule is at around 1030am. I was so worried about all my luggages. When I went there, my check in baggage is just right for the limit. I bought some things, I know, I'll definitely go beyond it. And so I had to adjust however I could. But, I guess it's hopeless. I would have to pay for the over baggage fee. Just before I sleep, I prayed for my excess baggages and for me to have a safe flight.

After 3 hours of sleep, I began to think again how I would carry all my things. I gathered all other small pieces of things I have left to pack, got my phone and woke up my cousin to accompany me to the airport. I plan to get there early so I would have enough time figuring out what to do with my things. But my cousin arrived late with the suggested time of meeting or should I say, she came just in time.



Here's what happened. We went down the building, hailed for a taxi, and went to the airport. Still don't know what to do, we went in and fall in line at the check in counter. I have 5 luggages. 1 is the check in baggage that I brought there, then my back pack, a plastic bag of items for the family of my friend and my cousin, folded bed and 1 duffle bag. When it was our turn, I presented the check in baggage which is good to go. I asked the nice man if the folded bed can be included but he said "no, it's already over the limit". So I asked my cousin to just take it home and we'll figure out what to do later on. But this nice man said that he will include it and to just bring it to the counter for odd shaped luggages. So I went there and attend to some other things I have to do, when I got back to the line where my cousin was, she told me that I have to check in the duffle bag too since it's really beyond the limit for hand carry. But I know, it's too expensive so I am thinking of leaving it with my cousin and have it shipped over via courier. But then, this nice man, said, "ok, ok, just give me one more bag..." there were few more words I just did not understand. Then in the end, I just realized that he gave me a free luggage! Wow!

You might think that from here on I'm good to go. With the back pack and a big plastic of goods, I'm still not sure that I'll make it. I tried. But the men on the gate won't let me pass. So I went back to the check in counter but it's already closed. I begged to the nice man who helped me earlier, but he said he's already close for checking in baggages. So I went to talk to my cousin and discuss the previous arrangement we had. At that time, I'm running out of time to board, I'm panicking! I can't decide which one to leave. And to my surprise this angel sent from above, the same nice man who has been helping me since I got there, came back with a tag and placed it in my plastic of goods, telling me "now, there, no one will stop you." Tears, almost came out from my eyes, out of panic and out of gratefulness for this nice man, that my prayers were heard. After the immigration, I went in to the routine check of the hand carry luggages and the boarding passengers. I'm hearing a voice saying "last call bound for Manila with ".

At this point, I started running across the airport, to the counters and to the gate. Unexpectedly, this angel guided me until I was on board. He made sure that I won't miss my flight. At gate 8, there he was, holding the microphone, doing the last call spiel. I'd like to give him a big hug, honestly, but I hesitated. It might be offending to him having different race. But I sure prayed for that wonderful soul. Every time I remember what goodness he just did, I just can't stop smiling and just be so grateful.

1 comment:

may said...

nice one. God sends angels to guide us along. this one is undeniably your angel gabriel. ^^