Tuesday, February 1, 2011

New Year, New Life

Most people feels excited whenever the new year comes. Some prepared a list of new year's resolution - things that they want to change for the coming days as the new year starts. I was once like that, during my high school days. At the top of my list is to go on a diet and always wasn't followed since it's been at the top until I was in college, when I stop making one. But of course, it never stops there. There will always be something that we want to change, we want to start doing or improving...

...new year has stepped in. The second month has began. And still I am frozen to the idea that is not bound to happen yet. A month has past and I am still in the same situation as I was last year. I am faced with so many options and not know which to choose. Not because I want all of them, but the opposite. I have such high hopes for something else that has not materialized until now, and it pains me to realize that I have failed, at least for now. I am so much in denial that I am having a hard time moving on. Most of the people cannot understand this. This is just how I am now.

But, with all of this, I have to move on. I have to make something out of what I have right now. Hard as it is, I must hang on. In a few weeks, I'm gonna start working again. I'm going back to where I think I made a mistake hoping that from there, everything will turn out ok. I have a good feeling that this year will be better. And with that in mind, I have to do something that will make this year better. And that is my new year's resolution said out loud.


2 comments:

may said...

good one. one thing i learned from the movie "Tangled" is the statement uttered by eugene when rapunzel asked him what is gonna happen after achieving (or not achieving) one's dream. "that's the best part", he said, "so you can have another dream".

life is about moving on. we fail, we move on. we reach our goal, we move on. life still is beautiful, especially since we have God backing us up. :)

goodluck on the new endeavour! :D

Jaydee said...

thanks May! i remember that line. you are the only reader of my posts, did you know that? and yours is the only blog i read. good to know you're back. =)