Sunday, January 26, 2014

Inevitable Life Change

A year and few months had pass since my previous post.  What can I say? Life has change like a blink of an eye.  As the year of 2013 came, change has presented itself as well.  We moved to a new home come January.  It was an immediate transfer since my brother also experienced the same with their previous landlady.  They had nowhere to transfer and we have.  So my mother insisted our move.  It was hard for me because it was as if I was forced to leave, thrown away of our home.  I kept the hurt, but there are moments when I was able to blurt out bits of pieces of my overflowing misery.  I know, that was not their intention and they, too, were hurting that time. February, my parents were not here. They went to Baguio for the Panagbenga Festival. They came home, March 3.

Who could have known that my insignia in the year 2012, will be for something bad that will happen? I thought it was for a near death experience of my husband. But Only God knows that it wasn't. Four months after my last post, March 21, my mother passed away.  It was a sudden death.  No one was prepared.  We were all struck.  It was an awful feeling to underwent.  It will be one year soon and pain is still pressing in for those moments when I wanted to see her, talk to her, feel her, hear her.  Maybe, wound is still fresh.  I miss her so much.... :'(

And even though it was only few months when my mother received her wings, we were yet again got pounded with another trial.  It was another roller coaster ride for the family.  Only this time, it was a long ride.  October 2013:  I need to bring my sister to the hospital because of anemia.  She has bled during her menstruation for more than 2 weeks before that day.  Tests were made to know if she has Leukemia, and Allelluiah! It was negative! She got out of the hospital only to return again a week after. This time, she took the bone marrow testing and it was a heart-breaking news to learn.  She has Leukemia.  A lot of questions arose but again, only the Lord could answer it, in His own time.  And as of this writing, we are still fighting the battle.  Withstanding the long ride.

The Lord really has His ways. And whether we understand it or not, life goes on.  As most songs or quotes relate it, LIFE IS A CONSTANT CHANGE and we adapt to it.  For me, there are times that it is hard.  But more often, time just flew away.  Maybe because I got caught up with a lot of things to do.  But I know for sure, that the Lord has been making it easy for me. He has been my constant Savior ever since I got this close to Him.  I know there will still be those moments of sorrow, but I know in time, I'll get use to it, all adapted to the change that has transpired. 

No comments: